Monday 19 September 2016

Day 1 (Heathrow) - Monday 19th September 2016

And so my adventures begin!

As Dad couldn't drop me off, a very kind couple from my church took me down to the coach station in plenty of time to catch my coach (thanks, Paul and Lindsay!).

Mum accompanied us (mostly to make sure they really were getting rid of me for eight weeks). I think she might've rolled her eyes when I popped into Greggs for a baguette for my tea (I'm not going to have another one for aaaages - I'm going to suffer withdrawal symptoms!). I managed to snag the last tuna crunch one on the shelves - hoorah!

The coach was a little  late in arriving, and we didn't leave until just gone 4.15pm. Due to the rush hour traffic, we arrived later than scheduled at Heathrow, not getting in until 6.30pm.

I've checked my suitcase in and have cleared security. I'm now holed up in the multi-faith prayer room, waiting for the first leg of my flight to commence. It smells of feet in here.

Sign in bathroom near prayer room


4 comments:

  1. Hope second flight goes well - it's worked ����,
    Love sog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe flight lovely. Hope by the time you read this you're in NZ and have discovered they have something even better than Greggs! xxx

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trish! I'm in Perth for the next week or so, and it'll be NZ after that. 😀

      Delete