Wednesday 2 November 2016

Day 45 (Ramsay Street/Erinsborough/Melbourne - Wednesday 2nd November 2016

Me and Travis Burns (A.K.A. Tyler Brennan in Neighbours)
🎵 Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours... 🎵

I have made it to Erinsborough - hoorah! I'm still getting over the fact I've walked the same street as Kylie Minogue, Guy Pearce, Jason Donovan and Margot Robbie, to name just a few of the legends who have graced Ramsay Street over the last thirty-one years.

Our tour bus took us to Pin Oak Court in Nunawading, which doubles as Ramsay Street, Erinsborough. Afterwards, we went to the studios and saw Fitzgerald Motors and Grease Monkeys as well as the bus stop that'll take you anywhere in the world (at least, it seems that way if you watch the show), and where we met the lovely Travis Burns and his man-bun. Sadly, we didn't get to see the Lassiter's complex as tours are only allowed there at the weekend, when they're not filming.

This afternoon, I popped into the Lightning Ridge Opal Mines showroom and was given a demonstration on opal cutting and polishing (I also saw my first Huntsman spider and Red Back spider there - the guy who founded the mines was a bit of a Steve Irwin character and keeps the little beasties there). Plus, I visited Melbourne City Library to access the library's WiFi and continue my quest. 😁











Quest tally: three out of eleven

No comments:

Post a Comment